Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Slow food for thought

I'm just coming out of one of those occasional mad-moments that modern life creates regularly. The wind crew and I were busy on Monday with a 50 meter anemometer tower in Turner, Maine, where we'll get a very good test of my wind shear hypothesis.

But that was a long, hot, hard days work, and I didn't get home until 6.30pm.

Then, at 3am, I left to drive down to Marlboro for the NEWEEP wind conference. I spend six hours conferencing, but left early so I could be sure of staying awake while driving back. I pulled into my own driveway at around 7pm, pretty shattered.

Today I plan to move very much more steadily and deliberately. It will be back to the Turner site for me, to make sure my tower is steady and safe ahead of Thursday's predicted storms.

I checked and double-checked on Monday, but I won't sleep well until it's triple checked, with my eyes fresh after being away for a short while.


Revkin's blog this morning
offered an opportunity to comment on why I think this fast-pace of modern life is killing is all, slowly, in more ways than we might think.

Like not having time to stop and think about climate change, for instance.

No comments: