Community Energy Associate
Summary: The Island Institute, a nonprofit community development organization located in Rockland, Maine, seeks a Community Energy Associate to provide technical, community outreach and administrative support to the Community Energy team. The CE team assists the Institute’s community partners in Maine's year-round island and remote coastal communities to better understand and confront their unique energy challenges. This is a one-year position renewable based on secured funding.
The Island Institute’s Community Energy program undertakes projects that address island and remote coastal communities' priorities related to their energy challenges and opportunities, including energy efficiency, the evaluation of ocean renewable energy and community-owned renewable energy projects, and formal and informal energy education. This work is motivated by the economic and climate implications of island energy use and seeks to result in concrete, measurable impacts in our partner communities.
Working closely with other Community Energy program staff, the Community Energy Associate will implement projects that seek to:
- Increase home and business owner access to energy efficiency retrofits and related incentives;
- Provide technical analysis and translation to local stakeholders evaluating the potential for community-owned renewable energy projects;
- Engage with coastal stakeholders on the potential impacts and benefits of offshore wind development in Maine;
- Build local capacity to work on energy issues through intergenerational energy education programs.
- For the complete job posting, including required and preferred qualifications, please visit: www.islandinstitute.org/careers.php