Respond to the following questions (these are the same ones we've discussed in class) in paragraph form based on our classroom discussion, the video below from college President Mulkey, and the associated Town Hall meeting.
Due the last day of finals week. Was supposed to be 20% of grade but now reduced to 10%.
- Is there climate change?
- What is causing climate change? Is it natural or humans or both? If humans, how did they start it? How did it become so drastic?
- What will be the effects of climate change?
- Should we be concerned?
- Can climate change be stopped or slowed?
- How can we do so? How can we reduce the human influence on climate change? Should we learn to control the planet's climate, perhaps via geoengineering?
- What are the political and economic conditions required to slow or stop climate change? What level of emissions regulation is needed? What kind of education is required? Should we get rid of consumerism?