Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Knowledge



This is about half of my Spring 2020 Firefox bookmark list, where I saved materials to pass on to students or use in class. These lists were always rebooted at the start of each new semester or they'd get too long. This was one way of collating and curating them, especially the most up-to-date material not found in textbooks.

Notice the last item.

There are two things I grieve for right now. One is my students. I hear their confusion and pain in their FaceBook and other social media posts. More or less powerless to help, all we can do is offer counsel and bear witness.

The other is knowledge. I spent a lifetime learning to process and manipulate the ideas in this particular branch of reason. I will spend the next few months learning again how to use those skills in new settings.

No comments: