Thursday, January 14, 2010

Harvesting sunbeams


One of the trustees of the college, a senior staffer at a federal environmental agency, sent this image, with the following note:

"
this is the best of both worlds for you - sheep and photovoltaic arrays
together!"

How well she knows me. However, the photo would be absolutely complete were there also a wind turbine and a super-insulated passive solar house.

I wonder which is the more efficient converter of solar energy, the grass or the PV panels? Farming is solar-powered too.

Which brings us to today's sustainability activity: Students and I will be going to the Maine Agricultural Trades Show, where I will be presenting on farm wind turbines.

I tried to find the link to post, but the "Get Real, Get Maine" web page is down. But it's at the Civic Center in Augusta.

No comments: